Please read the folder entitled: Puppy Adoption
to ensure your understanding of the high quality of care and careful planning that goes into each puppy here at Rehoboth. Our desire is to bless you with the best dog we can possibly give you. Our business name represents our family name and our God, and we desire to do our very best.
Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC
1820 Emerson Cook Road
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Animal Adoption Contract
Buyer Agrees to the following:
If you purchase a puppy/dog/livestock from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC, you agree to the following terms of this contract.
- Buyer agrees to see a state certified vet within 72 hour Grace Period upon puppy pick up. If you want to return the puppy during this time period, buyer agrees to return puppy at buyer’s expense. You cannot return the puppy after 3 days (unless to surrender the animal) and seller is not responsible for any expenses that arise in the 3 day grace period or after.
- Buyer agrees that the Breeder is not responsible at any time for any veterinary bills or any other financial expense related to the puppy/dog/livestock once the puppy leaves our premise, or that may be the result of an animal purchased from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC.
- Buyer agrees to continue inoculations based on veterinarian’s care.
- Buyer agrees to continue to treat for worms, parasites, heart worm, rabies, mosquitoes and fleas.
- Buyer agrees to never abuse, neglect, tie or chain dog, or leave the puppy/dog in a kennel/crate for a long period of time, unless for nightly sleeping, or training.
- Dog should have access to outdoors daily. Buyer agrees to give puppy/dog daily exercise for the rest of puppy/dog’s life.
- Buyer agrees to properly take care of the dog: feed a high quality, high energy large puppy food formula, puppies should eat a high protein puppy formula 3-4 times daily for 12-18 months, provide water at all times, and proper shelter from the elements.
- Buyer agrees to keep puppy on a natural diet that is high in protein and fat (min 27% protein / min 15% fat), made for a large breed dog that contains no wheat, no soy and no corn for the rest of dog’s life.
- If Buyer cannot properly take care of puppy, Buyer agrees to contact Breeder to surrender the puppy, giving Breeder first right of refusal. If Breeder does not have facilities available to properly care for the puppy on the property, or for any other reason, Breeder is not required to take the puppy back. If Breeder takes the puppy back, Breeder will re-home the puppy. No money will be reimbursed. Breeder is not responsible for taking back puppies after two months off Breeder property.
- The Buyer shall have the puppy spayed or neutered before it reaches the age of eight (8) months, unless given permission by Seller (Full Registration adoption only).
- The Buyer shall not sell the puppy, or its offspring (if any), to any individual or establishment in the business of buying and selling puppies for a profit.
- Buyer agrees that any refunds or damages due shall not exceed the purchase price of the animal purchased, not to exceed $995 or $1295, according to price paid for animal purchased.
- Buyer agrees that the venue for any legal action shall be Chatham County, NC.
- By making a deposit, or purchase of any animal, Buyer agrees to the terms listed in the Animal Adoption Contract.
- Deposits are refundable within three days of deposit date only. After three days, deposits are non-refundable. No exceptions. Please consider non-refundable policy if your search for a new puppy is urgent or time-sensitive. Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC may not be able to provide a puppy from the first litter on which you place a deposit, if the litter does not produce enough puppies to fill Buyer’s order [for example, if Buyer has 4th Selection Male, and litter produces only three male puppies, or if a puppy passes away after being born, or for any other unforeseeable reason or reason beyond our control].
- If Buyer for personal reasons cannot remain on the original litter list and needs to move to a later litter, Buyer has right to roll deposit over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date.
- Should a litter not produce enough puppies to fill Buyer’s order, Buyer has right to roll deposit over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date.
- Complete purchase price is non-refundable if buyer must back out of puppy purchase after puppies are born. If Buyer must back out of Puppy Purchase, Buyer has right to roll complete purchase price over to future litters of other dogs, for up to two years from deposit date, less a $150 re-homing fee that RFNC LLC will incur to find another buyer.
- Buyer agrees to pay Remaining Balance Due within one week of puppy litter date of birth. If payment is not received, Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right to re-home your puppy to another buyer. We will move your deposit, and any other fees paid, to a future litter, less $150 re-homing fee.
- Buyer agrees to respond to Puppy Selection within one week of pictures being posted on website. If we do not hear from you within one week, Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right to re-home your puppy to another buyer. We will move your deposit, and any other fees paid, to a future litter, less $150 re-homing fee.
- Buyer understands that Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC reserves the right of 1st Selection Male and / or 1st Selection Female from any and all litters, for breeding purposes. Decisions on keeping a male or female from any litter are made when the litters are born. Buyer understands there is the possibility of Buyer moving down one spot on the Selection Order should Breeder decide to keep a puppy for breeding purposes.
Breeder Agrees to the following:
- Breeder agrees that buyer is purchasing a purebred Great Pyrenees puppy/dog and breeder will furnish litter registration papers upon puppy pick up (or as breeder receives from the kennel club). Payment must be paid in full to receive registration papers.
- Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has seen our veterinarian by 8 weeks of age. Puppy has received first round of immunizations (Intervet Puppy Parvo/Distemper) and has been de-wormed twice.
- Breeder will provide Health Records and Health Certificate.
- Breeder is not responsible if puppy/dog contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder's possession. The puppy/dog/livestock is now in your care.
- Breeder is not responsible for any expenses/financial liability that arise in the 3 day grace period or any time after, or that may be the result of an animal purchased from Rehoboth Farms of NC LLC.
- Breeder agrees that any refunds or damages due shall not exceed the purchase price of the animal purchased, not to exceed $995 or $1295, according to price paid for animal purchased.
- Breeder agrees that the venue for any legal action shall be Chatham County, NC.
By making a deposit or purchasing any animal from Rehoboth Farms NC LLC
(puppy/dog/livestock), buyer agrees to these terms.